Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Logo Critiques

Walt Disney Pictures:












How does the logo make you feel?
The Walt Disney Pictures logo makes me want to go ride on the tea cup, take pictures with Tiger and visit Cinderella’s castle acting like a little kid all over again.
Does it seem fun? Serious?
The Walt Disney logo seems fun.
Does it look like it’s for kids?
Yes, I feel this logo provides parents as well as kids the message to have fun in a fairy-tale atmosphere.

Does it look like a logo designed for women? Why?
This design is not solely trying to attract women; more for the family atmosphere.  
What part does the color play, if any?
The Walt Disney logo comprises of a castle with a blue background. The beam/ half circle seems to represent the stars and sparks.
Do you agree with their color choices? Why?
I feel these colors are a little bland. I think the Walt Disney Company could incorporate brighter colors within their design to portray a more playful look to children.  

MAC Logo:






How does the logo make you feel?
When I am in contact with this logo, I feel I need to be dressed appropriately meaning I need to be in a cute business outfit.
Does it seem fun? Serious?
Serious
Does it look like it’s for kids?
No, this design looks chic and high class.
Does it look like a logo designed for women? Why?
Without knowing this was a make-up company, I feel it attracts the high business class for males. I feel the font plays a major role in the design of a logo whether trying to attract children, teenagers, middle class, high class, etc.
What part does the color play, if any?
There are only two colors in this logo. The letters, M, A, and C and the background. In addition, these colors suggest…being bold.
Do you agree with their color choices? Why?
I would have made the letters a different color. I would have gone with a light blue. This would imply being girly, but chic at the same time.
Lululemon Logo:
 









How does the logo make you feel?
The logo makes me feel happy and calm especially when I wear Lululemon’s athletic clothing.
Does it seem fun? Serious?
Fun
Does it look like it’s for kids?
I think this logo appeals to teenagers and moms.
Does it look like a logo designed for women? Why?
This logo appeals to women because of its shape within the circle and colors of the logo. The shape within the circle looks like a womanly hair style. You could place a head in between the white curves at the top of the logo.
What part does the color play, if any?
I believe these colors play a significant role; red is a color that is bold and will most likely always attract the eye especially paired up with a neutral color. With the two colors, the shape inside the circle pops.
Do you agree with their color choices? Why?
Yes, I agree with the color choices within the logo. The red represents passion while white portrays calmness.
Hurely Logo:







How does the logo make you feel?
This logo makes me want to go put my swim suit, grab a friend and book a flight to Costa Rica to surf.
Does it seem fun? Serious?
This logo portrays a fun aspect because the logo is tilted and the font is “curvy.”The font of the letters could relate to the waves and surfing which the Company has been inspired by. Also, the smoothness of the edges of the letters represent a relaxing and peaceful emotion.  
Does it look like it’s for kids?
The Hurley logo looks like it is for ages 7 through 19.  
Does it look like a logo designed for women? Why?
This logo seems to be designed for women, but is more geared towards men.
What part does the color play, if any?
The black color in the logo is a depiction of elegance and simplicity.
Do you agree with their color choices? Why?
Again, I feel logos should have color. Since I know this is a water sports company that targets teenagers and sells swimming suits, wakeboards, surfboards and other water products, it should be more appealing to the eye with more fun colors. I think a bright green and either a light blue or royal blue outlined in black would fit Hurley’s image.  
Gucci Logo:











How does the logo make you feel?

Looking at this logo, I feel I need to be in Europe where everything is so high end- luxurious.

Does it seem fun? Serious?

Serious


Does it look like it’s for kids?

This is not a design for children; this logo is meant for the upper class (both men and women).

Does it look like a logo designed for women? Why?

The Gucci logo does look like it is designed for upper class women. This overall design is nicely displayed and organized, appealing to the eye.

What part does the color play, if any?

The black represents a nice bold and chic look to a customer.

Do you agree with their color choices? Why?

I feel Gucci should incorporate their colors, maroon, olive and brown into their logo to make it feel more luxurious. Black isn’t bad, it just has more potential as a design adding color.

No comments:

Post a Comment