Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Day at the Beach

Actual Picture

Vector Illustration

    During the process of creating a vector illustration, I changed my image twice. I originally chose an image that consisted of a van with a surf board on top with the background of an ocean. I was getting very frustrated with the image as it was taking me forever to try and make the ocean look real (waves and the sunset). I kept failing, so I decided I would look for another image. This picture intrigued me and I began working diligently. Trying to replicate an image is needless to say, difficult. 

    As far as the horizon and water go for the above image, I used the gradient tool. In addition, for some parts of the water, I did use the film grain tool. The ocean waves are portrayed by the ocean ripple effect, the light brown sand is displayed by using the palette knife effect, and the shadows are a basic color with the opacity turned down. The bike is made up approximately 12 different colors. In order to match each of the colors of my vector illustration to the original photo, I used the eye drop tool to get as close to the color as I could to make my photo look realistic. 

   Although this project was challenging, I thoroughly enjoyed working on it and look forward to the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment