Thursday, February 23, 2012

I love you


My process:

Right when I was introduced to this project, I wanted to have an image of the water. I began thinking. My first thought was to have the background be a sunset and then incorporate dolphins, a sail boat, a surfboard, and maybe a couple on the beach. When I integrated the images, I felt the was becoming too much. In other words, I couldn't concentrate on one image; my mind was going every which way.

After about an hour, I decided I wanted to change my image, and have a picture with more color and have  the background be underwater. I started to think out of the box for this project...finally my brain was getting more imaginative.

I used six images, the background which is just underwater, the young couple whom just got married, two different photos of coral reef, a holy bible, and intertwined silver rings. Trying to cut out the young couple was the hardest. I used the magic eraser tool and the lasso tool for the young couple, bible, and the wedding bands. After playing around with some of the tools, I came across the quick selection tool which helped and saved a lot of time cutting the coral reef and placing it into my final image. To make each of the coral reefs look like a combined image, I used the eraser tool. My final step was to find a quote or song lyric that represented the photo. Since the quote I found was so long, I only used the last part of the quote.

Overall, I loved working on this photo even though it took me forever in a day to complete. Additionally, I am very pleased how this image came together.


No comments:

Post a Comment